2016-08-17 The development has been rebooted by Michael Labouebe (gfarmerfr) on GitHub.
2013-08-13 Code has moved to GitHub.
Please fork and send your pull-requests ;-)
Many thanks to SeeSchloss for his work on the transferring issues!
Welcome to the Nicotine+ Trac
What is Nicotine and Nicotine+?
Hyriand's rewrite of PySoulSeek with a PyGTK GUI is called Nicotine (wayback machine).
Nicotine+ is an attempt to keep Nicotine working with the latest libraries, kill bugs, keep current with the Soulseek protocol and add some new features that users want and/or need.
The main developers were daelstorm, quinox and hedonist.
The current main developer is Michael Labouebe (gfarmerfr).
Download Nicotine+ Releases
Nicotine on your Distributions ? See: NicotineOnDistro
Installers: Windows Ubuntu/Debian & other .deb based systems (require at least python2.5 and GTK 2.12) UPnP module i386 / amd64
Source: Tar.GZ / Tar.BZ2
Or head over to your local SourceForge mirror.
Release notes for 1.2.16 Plenty of bug fixes, the most important ones being #641 and #593: The former means all your private rooms should now show up and the latter one means portmapping with the binary UPnPc works. For the complete list of changes check out the Changelog
Windows users: Some users reported that you have to uninstall 1.2.14, or install 1.2.16 to a new directory. Without this Nicotine+ fails to start properly.
Living on the edge?
Try running it from the git repository instructions
Some media (userbar, button, icons) related to Nicotine and Nicotine+.
- Nicotine+ Sourceforge project Website File Releases
- The Museek+ Trac Museek+ is an open source Soulseek client suite with Curses, PyGTK2, and QT interfaces and a C++ daemon.
- Daelstorm's Nicotine+ Page
- Soulfind is an Open Source Soulseek server written in D.
- Soulseek -- Official site
Want to help out with Nicotine+?
Read the Developers Guide for information about the Soulseek Protocol and translation instructions for the GUI.
- Michael Labouebe aka gfarmerfr (Programming)
- Quinox (Programming)
- daelstorm (Programming) mirror
- hedonist (Programming, OS X client)
- Le_Vert (gandalf) (Hosting, Backing-up, Debian\/Ubuntu related, Win32 client) website
- gallows (Programming) wayback machine
- osiris (Packages, Guide) wayback machine
- OffHand (Website and Trac maintenance, testing, Nicotine+ dinosaur)
- Nicotine+ Translators
Check the About->Credits dialog for more contributors