2016-10-12 Join us on our new irc channel on Freenode nicotine+.
2013-04-29 New Debian / Ubuntu package fixing NowPlaying with Amarok2: Get It!
Many thanks to SeeSchloss for his work on the transferring issues!
Welcome to the Nicotine+ Trac
What is Nicotine and Nicotine+?
Hyriand's rewrite of PySoulSeek with a PyGTK GUI is called Nicotine (wayback machine).
Nicotine+ is an attempt to keep Nicotine working with the latest libraries, kill bugs, keep current with the Soulseek protocol and add some new features that users want and/or need.
The current main developer is Michael Labouebe (gfarmerfr).
Download Nicotine+ Releases
Nicotine on your Distributions ? See: NicotineOnDistro
Installers: Windows Ubuntu/Debian & other .deb based systems (require at least python2.5 and GTK 2.12)
Windows users: Some users reported that you have to uninstall 1.2.14, or install 1.2.16 to a new directory. Without this Nicotine+ fails to start properly.
PPA for Debian/Ubuntu
Living on the edge?
Try running it from the git repository instructions
Check out our GitHub repository
- Nicotine+ Sourceforge project Website File Releases
- The Museek+ Trac Museek+ is an open source Soulseek client suite with Curses, PyGTK2, and QT interfaces and a C++ daemon.
- Daelstorm's Nicotine+ Page
- Soulfind is an Open Source Soulseek server written in D.
- Soulseek -- Official site
Want to help out with Nicotine+?
- Read the Developers Guide for information about the Soulseek Protocol and translation instructions for the GUI.
- Join us on our irc channel on Freenode nicotine+.
- Michael Labouebe aka gfarmerfr (Programming)
- Mutnick (Programming)
- KombuchaKip (Debian Packaging)
Retired Nicotine Developers:
- Quinox (Programming)
- daelstorm (Programming) mirror
- hedonist (Programming, OS X client)
- Le_Vert (gandalf) (Hosting, Backing-up, Debian\/Ubuntu related, Win32 client) website
- gallows (Programming) wayback machine
- osiris (Packages, Guide) wayback machine
- OffHand (Website and Trac maintenance, testing, Nicotine+ dinosaur)